Power Point presentation tips
Simple workplace power point presentation tips to give your presentations the edge.
PowerPoint presentations are worth the time you take to prepare them because they allow you to get your point across in an easy to understand way. If you have something really exciting to say to those who are attending your meeting, make sure that you rev up your presentation with plenty of practice.
Dazzle your audience with a powerful PowerPoint presentation
It can be a bit tricky trying to convince your co-workers and especially your boss that you have something important to say about customer service, sales, efficiency, or company spending, but here are some power point presentation tips that can help you along the way:
Sometimes, less is more, so you should let your PowerPoint presentation do the talking for you:
- Your message should be right on target so that your audience will understand your points right away.
- A good PowerPoint presentation will introduce an idea to your audience, and it should be able to stand on its own merit without you having to spend a lot of time explaining it.
- You will capture the attention of your audience without having to work harder.
- A simple PowerPoint, without lots of bells and whistles, is easier to understand.
- A well-made PowerPoint presentation will not require a summary that may potentially bore your audience.
When you get your message across with a PowerPoint, you are able to avoid some of the confusion that can be seen with other styles of presentations. This will help avoid any loss in revenues when your plan is implemented. Here are some power point presentation tips that can be used in conjunction with your ppt presentation:
Ice breaker games ideas before your presentation
If you have attended presentations before, you may be familiar with the tense environment that is present right before it starts. Icebreakers for small groups can be a great idea to lighten the atmosphere and make your presentation better. It does not need to be a full-fledged icebreaker session- a few funny icebreaker questions are good enough to do the trick. Just make sure that the icebreakers for small groups you use are not so unprofessional that the whole seriousness of your presentation is questioned by the attendees.
Relax and express yourself
Once you have fired out a few funny icebreaker questions, you can start your presentation. The key to any successful presentation, even if it is free safety presentations, is to relax and speak freely. All you have to do is use professional language; the rest can be improvised. Use your hands as well, and adopt the right body language.
Use a business presentation template
The next tip is to use the business presentation template option in PowerPoint. There are a number of templates that you can choose from the default list and from Office Online as well. PowerPoint is designed by keeping in mind a business presentation, so do not be surprised to see some other great additions. You can find more specific PowerPoint tips below:
Cutting edge power point presentation tips
- Never spend a lot of time explaining each slide. Make them as self explanatory as possible and limit your sentences to 5-8 lines at most. Your graphics should be able to speak for themselves with just a few words. Boring your boss will only lead to restlessness and agitation.
- Make your PowerPoint presentation quick and snappy with bullets and keep your font size between 20 and 32. The font size for titles should preferably be 32-45.
- Be sure to go through your PowerPoint presentation beforehand to let your ideas soak in, and connect with your audience by speaking in a lively manner.
- A white background and dark text with little or no over the top ‘eye candy' is easier for your audience to grasp. Do not go overboard with any animations, or you will risk diverting the focus of your audience from the main points/objectives of the PowerPoint presentation.
- Time constraints should be considered when you are practicing so that you can put your points across within the designated time limit. You would not want to have to cut your presentation short before making your desired point.
By following these power point presentation tips, you will be able to grab the attention of your audience and make a favorable impression on your boss. By demonstrating your professionalism through the use of PowerPoint, you will be helping others see your vision for the company and where it is going.