How to Make a Newsletter
How to make a newsletter for internal staff communication. This is useful for getting staff to think about important issues.
A newsletter is one of the most effective ways of spreading word. You can use it to promote whatever you want. Organizations and some companies still see some value in spreading the news around. The problem is how you can make one that’s sure to generate your desired results.
Valuable considerations on how to make a newsletter
- Choose your format - electronic or paper based
- Plan your your content
- Write the newsletter well using good grammar and language
- Professional layout and design
- Desktop publishing
- Obtain feedback
- Encourage submission of information
- Let your readers write articles for the newsletter. This can improve readership and increase interest. There will be aspects of information that you will not know about and you will have to rely on 'reporters' on the ground and eg factory floor. This will be a valuable source of information.
Make sure that your newsletter looks professional and is not boring so that it attracts the correct readership. Articles must appeal to your target audience.
Other interesting information on how to make a newsletter includes:
- Technical tips
- Industry trends/analysis/statistics
- Views and opinions
- Case studies
- Training and education
- New products and services
- What's on
Add fun elements such as crossword puzzles, competitions and How to Create a Word Search Puzzle
Word search puzzles are a practical way to keep your employees up to date is through an internal company newsletter. Word puzzles are interactive tools to get employees to think about important issues in the workplace in a fun way.
A word search puzzle is a collection of letters of a word in a rectangular or square grid shape. You can include educational information that they must find in the wordsearch such as promotions, retirement benefits, promotional items and other announcements, or to answer common questions staff have about their workplace. After finding the letter, they search at the surrounding letters to find the next letter of the word. To create a word search puzzle words should be put into patterns in any direction: frontwards or backwards, vertical, horizontal or diagonal.
When you create a word search puzzle you can also include a cryptic message. Once staff circle all the words, the unused letters spell out a secret message in the word search puzzle. The message can be word, a slogan or a quote or answer a trivia question.