Holiday Gifts for Coworkers
Holiday Gifts For Coworkers Ideas
Holiday gifts for coworkers can prove to be quite fun to pick. A little workplace communication goes a long way in this regard. By "mining" the opinions of others in the office, you might be able to figure out scores of different ideas for gifts and selections. Certainly, that can lead to a lot of happy faces at work since people do love to feel appreciated when receiving a gift.
- Gift Cards - You could consider these the easiest and safest gifts to give. Gift cards are available from all manner or retail stores, clothing providers, book stores, and coffee shops. So, you will never be at a loss for any ideas.
- Office Supplies -- Yes, there can be some inspiring office and fun office supplies you can choose from. Most will assume that office supplies are dull and antiseptic. That is really not the case as there are some fun, interesting, and engaging items available for purchase.
- Inexpensive Electronics -- Maybe someone would love a clock radio at their desk. Perhaps a little desk lamp would be needed. There are scores of inexpensive electronics items out there. Why not look into which ones your coworkers would like?
Selecting quality holiday gifts is not all that difficult. You simply need a little research and clever thinking and to shop around for the best items within your budget.
Ten Unique Holiday Gifts Ideas
Don't all holiday gifts look the same? Well, they will look the same if you are always using the typical sources for gifts. Retail stores can be a little dull in terms of their offerings. As such, you need to employ a little workplace communication and see what people are saying about top holiday gifts.
Convention wisdom seems to indicate top unique holiday gifts include:
- Spices - While it is not difficult to find some truly amazing spices, most people won't look for them when weighing options for holiday gifts. This is unfortunate because holiday spices have unique scents to them and often come in highly artistic containers.
- Chocolates - No, it would not be a unique gift idea to give anyone a standard brand of chocolate. However, there are some stunning gourmet brands out there that would make stunning gift selections.
- Soaps - Don't laugh. There are some really unique soap made and some make amazing gifts. Did you know there is "sushi" soap that is crafted to look like real sushi? Seriously, it can be quite a fun gift to give!
- These are but three examples. Anything that is atypical and raises eyebrows (in a good way) can make solid unique holiday gifts. Make gift certificate and personalize it. Add some humour to it.
- Unusual Holiday Gifts - A Way to Shake Up the Gift Giving Process. Brainstorm for ideas for whatever the occasion is, be it spring party ideas using novel spring break party pics to valentine presents for guys and women.
- Why be boring and do little more than turn your holiday gift giving into a bit of the same old, same old. There are so many excellent and exciting unusual holiday gifts you can present to people, you need not embody any sense of dullness.
- What would be considered unusual holiday gifts? Basically, these would be any type of gifts that deviate from traditional gift giving concepts. Those wishing to give unusual gifts in the office might find their gestures to be quite appreciated since it shows you put extra thought into your selection.
- Christmas themed ornaments that are not typical can be welcome gift ideas. Those Star Trek and Spiderman tree ornaments are popular collector's items for a reason. Click on unique Christmas present ideas for 47 unique Christmas present ideas.
- Who doesn't carry a water bottle to the office? The odds are, sadly, that most water bottles are dull looking. So, why not give the gift of a monogrammed aluminum water bottle. Yes, that would be quite the unusual gifts to present!
- Note in a jar comically capture the chaos of an office in an artistic way. They can also make for excellent paperweights as well.
Just be aware the unusual should not be a synonym for bad taste. People frequently make this error in the office and it can be quite embarrassing. Hence, it should be avoided.
Hot Holiday Gifts for Any Holiday Celebration
No one likes to buy a boring gift which is why it is so important to stay on top of the hottest holiday gifts. Asking around the workplace on advice as to what gifts are the hottest of the hot can prove quite helpful. Researching top gift websites would be another way to do this.
For those curious as to what the top three hot holiday gifts are, here are three credible contenders:
- Wine of the Month Club - This gift never goes out of style. It is an elegant and always appreciated gift selection which is why it remains perennially hot year after year.
- E-Readers - With Amazon Kindle growing so tremendously in popularity, the demand for E-Readers will grow as well. This is why E-Readers are quickly becoming the hottest gifts of the season. Do you work with someone that is an avid reader? Such a gift may prove to be highly appealing.
- iPhone Keyboard Case - People love their iPhones and that means that want to keep them safe and secure. The effective way to do this would be to place the iPhone in a safety case. These cases are definitely good holiday gifts options that are proving to be popular.
The Etiquette of Workplace Giving
In a professional environment it may become necessary to give or receive gifts on occasion, but oftentimes it can be difficult to tell which gifts are appropriate, and which are not. The following are a few points that you will want to keep in mind when you are dealing with workplace giving:
- Unless you are on very friendly terms with your co-worker, reserve gifting for special occasions such as holidays or birthday parties.
- If you must buy gifts for the entire office, make sure you stay within the same price range so as not to offend anyone.
- Keep your gifts neutral and unisex at all times.
- Ensure that any gag gifts you give are office safe. For instance it would generally be unacceptable to gift a pile of rubber feces to a coworker.
These are three points that you will want to keep in mind while you are in the process of workplace giving. Yes, these rules may make some of the workplace gifts both given and received look a bit pointless, but there is always a point to giving, and it is always the thought that counts.
As always it would be a good idea for you to pay attention to your co workers and determine what type of gift might suit them. Situational awareness will serve well in ensuring that you do not gift something that is terribly offensive. This can be a very touchy subject, but with a bit of care and attentiveness, it is nothing that you cannot handle!
The Top 10 Holiday Gifts
What are the top 10 holiday gifts for the office?
Here is a list:
- Pen sets
- Paper weights
- Desk fans
- Coffee mugs
- Desk lamps
- Scented candles
Obviously, this is not a complete list of all the gifts you could give during the holidays. Some of these gift items can remain at work while others are more appropriate to take home. Either way, these are all safe gifts that could prove to be very much appreciated by those in the office.
If you are not taking part in a formal Pollyanna system, you still need to do some coordinating with the members of the office staff. You do not want to see duplicate gifts being given out among other similar problems. Again, a little workplace communications can go a long way in this regard.
The Do's and Don't's of Workplace Giving
The concept of workplace giving has been around for some time, though many tend to forget what it means.
Yes, we've all seen News Radio, and we cannot all give cars as office gifts, but what we can do is make sure everyone gets something that they like to a point. That said, let's discuss a few notes regarding workplace giving and what you can do to keep the peace while you are in the spirit of giving.
- Give your coworker something that they can use, and something functional.
- Make sure it is generic looking and reusable.
- Set a price point for yourself and make sure you're following the same pricing limits as everyone else.
- Give gifts that are too expensive, or gifts that make it look as if you are playing favorites.
- Give gifts that might be considered offensive, for example it would be a generally bad idea to give religious texts or politically aligned literature unless you know for sure the person would appreciate it.
- Give gifts that are suited specifically for adults, this is unacceptable.
- Give embarrassing gifts to give a colleague
There are other guidelines to be aware of, of course, but these are the most common mistakes made in the workplace. Remember that many rules are common sense, for instance not purchasing lingerie for your co-workers. Bear these things in mind, and your gift giving experience should be quite decent! That being said, it's time to get into the spirit of giving.
11 Holiday Gifts For Guys
Workplace communication means many things. Essentially, effective communication will deliver effective action. That is why those looking to exchange gifts in the office need to have a discussion over what would be the best and most appropriate gifts to give. Those that may have male co-workers or friends that are the intended recipients will want to select from the appropriate list of holiday gifts for males.
Some holiday gifts for guys that are perennial favorites.
- Shaving kits
- The venerable favorite, a box of cigars can prove quite welcome
- Subscriptions to select beer of the month clubs can prove to be appealing
- The old staple of a wristwatch might prove quite appealing. This is doubly true if the watch has an active lifestyle component attached to it.
- The same could be said for many available brands of cologne.
- Sports related items of any kind of sport. There are a variety of sports memorabilia that are easily available.
- Those that would prefer to offer holidays gifts for men that are work oriented may wish to present pen and stationary sets
- Desk clocks
- Lamps, among other similar office friendly items.
Holiday Gift Ideas For Women in the workplace
For the women in your office, there will never be a shortage of gift ideas to come up with. Granted, this can create the problem of not knowing how to narrow down your holiday gift ideas for women. Perhaps asking around the workplace for ideas is a great way to arrive at a consensus of opinion.
Here are a few simple ideas:
- Spa gift certificates will often be appreciated as one of the holiday gift ideas for women. And why would they not be? You can get printable blank gift certificate and other blank gift certificates that you can personalize with your company logo. A trip to the spy can prove to be quite a lot of fun and also rejuvenating. Many day trips are quite affordable so a spa gift certificate will prove appealing.
- Apparel will never go out of style. But, don't stick with boring concepts. Look towards something unique such as a special hat or scarf. Such gifts will definitely prove appealing.
- Handmade pottery - Anything original or handcrafted can be considered a ‘one of a kind' gift. Such gifts will always receive high marks of appreciation.
Many quality gift ideas for women are rather simple in concept. Really, all that is needed to make such gifts appreciated would be the thoughtfulness of them.
Holiday gifts for coworkers ideas
Holiday gifts for coworkers can prove to be quite fun to pick. A little workplace communication goes a long way in this regard. By "mining" the opinions of others in the office, you might be able to figure out scores of different ideas for gifts and selections. Read more
Is an office party looming on the holiday horizon? If it is then those planning the parties need to take a little time out to research holiday punch recipes. Read more