Expat life has its challenges. Being transferred to another city can be difficult. Moving to another country is even more daunting. Tell us your stories? The pitfalls, tips, what to look out for , problems to prevent. How did you handle being away from family and friends? What about the challenge of learning a new language?
Perhaps you have a helpful tip that can save another family a lot of trouble. Such as tips on:
- What to do before moving to a new city
- Relocating tips eg selling your house and packing up
- Cost of living: comparing prices in two cities
- What to do when my wife doesn't want to move
- Expat benefits
- Tax for expats
- International health coverage
- International medical group insurance
- Expatriate assignments
- Expatriate compensation
- Most expensive city
Cath Hitchcock, a seasoned traveler who recently moved from South Africa to Switzerland will be giving us her take on making the move and expat life in general. Her practical tips and advice will add to a smooth transition. So read her regular posts over the next weeks and months.
Cath and her children leaving OR Tambo Airport Johannesburg, South Africa for Zug, Switzerland.