Employee Motivation Factors
5 Key Employee Motivation Factors
Keeping employees motivated is one of the oldest supervisory skills that has been taught repeatedly through the years in more ways than probably anything else in the workplace.
Employee motivation is essential because a motivated employee is a productive employee, therefore, employers are continually looking for ways in which to motivate their employees.
The best ways to keep your employees motivated include:
- You, as the leader set the tone for motivation, if you show up grumpy to work, it does not take long before the entire office takes on your mood. Therefore, lead by example, if you are motivated, your team will be also.
- Help your employees feel part of the bigger picture by sharing company history and key facts. This helps them to realize that their job is important to the overall company.
- Always provide incentives, even if they are small, having something to work toward is a key motivator with employees
- Recognize employees hard work, this of course, rubs off on other employees to do better because they know their work is not going unnoticed.
- Make sure that you assign tasks to employees that have the talent to complete it, this creates a sense of motivation because giving a project to someone who does not have the skills will only create a stressful work environment.