Definition of Retention
and Employee Retention Idea
Definition of retention: We can define retention as the process of implementing initiatives to encourage the retention of staff in the workplace.
Many companies devise creative employee retention plans and strategies to encourage employees to stay with their organization. effective employee orientation.
Employee retention statistics show that salary and lack of appreciation are the two most common factors that result in employees moving from one company to another.
- Bellsouth employee benefits
- Employee feedback program
- Employee retention tips
- Causes employee turnover
- Employee training development
Employee retention tips
Below are common employee retention tips that can make the difference between an employee staying in your employ or going to another company:
- Make salary adjustments
- Change their leave allowance
- Pay for the employee's training and studies
- Increase communication to show appreciation and give feedback, giving employee recognition
- Include employees in decision making
- Outline parameters of the job, clear job description and letting employees know what is expected of them
- Give credit where credit is due, make sure that employees receive credit for what they do and that the credit does not go to someone else
- Provide compensation for going above and beyond the call of duty
- Implement measures to ensure and encourage a balance between work and home life
These are just a few examples of employee retention tips. There are many creative, unusual ways of showing appreciation and providing perks to retain staff.
Click here for some more creative employee retention ideas related to definition of retention and strategies and employee behavior modification.
Home › Employee Retention