Corporate Social Responsibility McDonalds
Corporate Social Responsibility Model - How to Make a Difference
Corporate Social Responsibility. McDonalds and other companies have set good examples of social responsibility.
Corporate social responsibility McDonalds takes part in:
- Animal Welfare
- Corporate Giving/Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Education Scholarships
- Employment Practices for Corporate Social Responsbility Mcdonalds
- Environmental Practices for Corporate Social Responsbility Mcdonalds
- Work with Corporate Social Responsbility Mcdonalds Suppliers
- Corporate Responsbility Mcdonalds Reports
Corporate social responsibility summed up may be seen as a form of corporate self regulation, which is integrated into a business model. Most companies have Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives which are done by eg the popular McDonalds.
Social responsibility in marketing can be very beneficial for your company. We are able to brainstorm for you and come up with meaningful ways for you to give back to your community, as well as receive positive recognition for it as the same time. Any company which is generating any form of income can come up with some wonderful ways to give back to their community.
Corporate Social Responsibility
The internet has made the world a smaller place. Along with new technology, communication and global trading, companies are able to expand overseas and manage a huge global workforce that has rules, laws, benefits and languages. This type of expansion is accompanied by "responsibility".
All global companies have to respect other workforce environments and cultures and form a social consciousness and global profile. Corporate social responsibility can help to increase recognition of employer brand, employee engagement and shareholder value.
The HR (Human Resources) department of a company plays an important and vital role in making sure that the company adopts CSR programs - Corporate Social Responsibility programs. Moreover, the HR department can also implement the CSR plans and monitor its progress while enjoying and documenting its success in the company.
This can be done by the following:
- Encouraging and implementing "green" and eco-friendly practices
- Fostering a social responsibility culture
- Celebrating the successes
- Communicating and sharing values of corporate social responsibility with the community and its employees
The organization should practice and promote the reduction of environmental waste while at the same time encourage and promote stewardship, corporate ethics and other practices that will promote corporate as well as personal accountability.
It is a known fact that conservation is a means of making the earth a healthier place to live in and if the employee is encouraged to reduce his/her carbon footprint in the world, initiatives like recycling and energy conservation will take off in a successful manner.
Corporate social responsibility can be started in the following ways:
- Collection of food clothing and donations for natural disaster/flood/hurricane victims of the world
- Recycling of cans, paper and bottles in the office. Here, efforts of different departments can be recognized and rewarded.
- Encouraging the efforts towards reduction of energy like shutting off electric switches, printers, computers etc after working hours and the week end
- Switching to laptops instead of using desktop computers as they consume almost 90% less electricity
- Promotion of "brown bagging" to reduce extra calories and fat, as well as packing waste
Corporate social responsibility rehabilitates the "employer-brand" as it helps to defeat the typical image of "single-minded gain/profit" at the ruthless expense of the environment and society. Company employers are beginning to connect with their staff and employees and with the community through the following:
- Volunteer days and community programs
- Company donations and contributions to charity
- Community event sponsorship by corporate
- Participation of employees in food banks, walkathons etc.
It is only when the success of a CSR program is celebrated that the momentum of the program is sustained. When the success of the program's initiatives is praised then the real meaning of the program is emphasized. This helps to drive and motivate the implementation of corporate social responsibility programs and initiatives.
Locals realize that the company does not only provide them with jobs but is also interested and participates in issues that are local.
A corporate social responsibility global platform, community relations as well as development and training are the main areas to focus on. Organizations should endeavor to have an internet based system along with their plan for corporate social responsibility in order to be successful on a global level. In this way societies, companies and people can coexist in harmony across the world.