Bulletin Board Supplies
Bulletin board supplies like letters, borders, visual aids, banners, staples, tacks and pushpins can be bought at dollar stores, big retailers, online, craft stores and teacher supply stores. Bulletin boards are frequently covered with butcher paper, but felt fabric is a popular choice for bulletin board decorating ideas within the workspace.
Fabric is reusable and therefore a nicer alternative for workplace bulletin board ideas. Felt fabric holds shapes like decorations and letters without needing staples or tacks. It also stores well and is fairly inexpensive.
Most of the bulletin boards have a wooden or metal frame. This is not always necessary, but it does lend a finishing look to bulletin board themes. A frame will make any decorations look more eye-catching. Bulletin board supplies can be stored in organized boxes and bins for reusing again. This helps in keeping any supplies looking clean and nice. Oversized cardboard folders will store larger visuals, for example posters. You could use a couple of folders and organize the visuals by theme.
Different bulletin board supplies can be used for the various types of boards.
Below are examples of type of boards that can be used. Where possible ensure that the board serves your communication purposes best.
Types of bulletin boards
- Cork - inexpensive and lightweight boards that can be used for any office or workplace setting. A cork bulletin board is very affordable and very easy to update with the use of thumbtacks. They can be purchased from Bulletin board supplies stores.
- Wooden boards with metal framework- these have a little more sense of permanence but are still quite affordable on any office budget.
- Live roving notice boards - these are styles of message centers that can easily move from one office or workplace area to another. These message boards will work well in large offices, or may be designated to go out in the public domain.
- Mobile notice boards - portable boards that are moved about on wheels or are lightweight enough to be transported by hand. Position them in different areas throughout the day.
- Electronic Imaging Systems- Go high-tech and choose computerized bulletin boards that can create a myriad display of pictures, images and words for staff members to view.
- Criss-cross notice board- 8 sided cubes that invite people to walk around while they are reading the information. Highly interactive and very appealing in a visual sense.
- Showcase or block board- complete with compartments that allow for the display of trophies or other awards. This is a bulletin board that embraces 3D artistry.
- Curved, convex board- free standing bulletin board that is generally placed on the floor. It may be temporary or permanent, but definitely has more appeal than many flat bulletin boards.
- Workstation cubicle divider -what better way to get a message across than by posting them on bulletin boards that pull double duty as workstation dividers?
- Aluminum snapper frames - these are a classic form of message center that allow you to lift the frame, arrange the content and then close the frame with a snap. The notices and updates are sealed under a covering of plastic or glass. The major drawback is that many of the notices can become tilted or become dislodged if not secured properly.