Bulletin Board Background Ideas
21 Tips for improving your bulletin board background.
See the list of ideas below. You should think of possibilities for bulletin board decorating ideas for borders and backgrounds and change the look often.
Patterns for boards can be surprising, thematic, bold or subtle. As part of the theme you could use one large sheet or a few large sheets of wallpaper, wrapping paper or scrapbooking paper for creating a unified pattern for the background. From there you can develop more complex patterns for the background using calendar pages, greeting cards, magazine pages or newspaper. These could be symmetrically arranged in rows or placed asymmetrically in random spots across the bulletin board background. Other alternative patterns for the background pattern could be generated by using photos of activities or seasons.
Try out these ideas
- The bulletin board background can be renewed every month by cleaning up the old notices and outdated stuff.
- Change the position of the notice board by bringing it to a new location.
- Replace the bulletin board background with a new board and a new color.
- As part of workplace communication tools, methods and techniques ideas, encourage staff to hang/clip jokes, puzzles, good sayings, etc so that it becomes a daily routine for all staff to go to the bulletin board.
- Pick a picture of a famous person, maybe a celebrity and hide certain parts of his face and get staff to identify the person.
- Pick a picture from the staff and hide certain parts of his/her face and get staff to identify the person.
- Take a photo of an uncommon place in the office (a portion of it) and get the staff to identify it .
- Take a photo of a place of interest (maybe a museum, zoo, mountain etc), hiding certain parts and get the staff to identify it.
- Have a selected color for certain special days on the bulletin board and get the staff to dress to match it. It can be a dotted day, a striped day or a checked day.
- During Christmas time, the ladies can be asked to come up with original recipes to display for Christmas goodies and the best recipe can be rewarded.
- Mother's day can be celebrated by getting all the men to come up with their unique handmade cards to place on display.
- Father's day can be celebrated by getting all the ladies to come up with their unique handmade cards.
- Valentine's day or Easter can be celebrated in a big way with card ideas on the bulletin board and a dinner too.
- During Christmas time, staff can be encouraged to dress according to the color on the bulletin board (red, green, gold etc.)
- Each time a new idea or new notice comes on to the bulletin board, a bell must be rung in every division. Thereby, everyone is notified in a silent manner that they have some news!
- When the company is doing well and the sales are high, it must be mentioned on the bulletin board.
- When there are sales such as super dry stores sale, monsoon sales, ½ down sales, and 50% discount sales on these can be promoted.
- Highlights of sports events, such as cricket news, baseball news, soccer news etc.
- There should be a pot-luck meal once in a while via the board.
- There should be a hamburger night once in a while via the bulletin board.
- There should be a magic show, talent show or quiz program organized for the staff via the bulletin board.
Use workplace notice boards to display critical information that includes reminders, schedules and information, but if it does not catch a person's eye then the message will be lost.
While you are planning the bulletin board you should balance the necessity for a pleasing bulletin board background and the need for a person to find and then read this information.