April Bulletin Board
The April bulletin board usually heralds the time of spring or Easter or even for April Fool's Day. Whatever the reason, April usually signifies a refreshing and exciting time of the year. There is no better way of reminding the workplace of this energizing season than with an April bulletin board theme that are spring-themed and uplifting. There are lots of great communication board ideas for decorating.
Action inspired bulletin boards can be motivating workplace communication tools, methods and techniques for letting the employees contribute ideas and becoming involved with the decoration of the boards.
One April bulletin board decorating idea could include making a ‘Springing into Action" sign to put at the top of your bulletin board. You can make the bulletin more detailed by gearing towards more environmentally friendly things to do with regards your springtime health and home.
Ideas for an April Bulletin Board to get Everyone Talking!
- Caffeine: How Does it Affect Us? - Just about any color would work for the background here. Yellow would do nicely seeing as it is springtime. Caffeine is sometimes thought of as a friend: coffee in the morning, a coke with lunch and tea at dinner. But, is it really that good for us? Would we be more efficient at home and work without it? Also, what about these super energy drinks with double doses of caffeine? For many people it can cause tenderness in the body, slight allergic reactions, moodiness, irritability, nervousness, heart palpitations and loss of sleep. Maybe it would be good to have some drinks and food across the board and show their pictures such as coffee, milk, tea, chocolate bar, etc. List the caffeine milligrams and some of the side effects of caffeine and also some of the good effects of caffeine. The title of the board can be "Buzzing around the Office" or "Caffeine, How Does It Affect Us?" For the border make coffee cups, candy bars, glasses of tea with lemon, etc.
- Natural Cures for Ailments - Since we're talking natural, you could keep that background blue or green. This one is going to take some study time on the internet or in library books. Just as there are Rx cures for every bump, scrape and ailment, there are natural remedies trusted and tried for hundreds of years. It would be neat to make a picture or print one off of an ailment and put the natural cure and where it is derived from. You can put lemons, herbs, vitamins and the like around the border. Next, for example you could show someone with an upset stomach that coriander and cilantro are considered cures for indigestion. Show someone blowing their nose and put there that the herb Hyssop can help heal colds and fever. Vitamin C helps with colds and cancer, Riboflavin helps with headaches and migraines, etc. There is a world of natural cures that if one's doctor approves they should at least try before getting on a chemical Rx that may imbalance something else. The title at the top can read "Natural Cures for Ailments." This could be used for an April bulletin board.
- Ethnic/Diversity - It would be neat to put up all the different cultures and ethnic back grounds and show that culture doing something specific to their ethnic background. Post the diversity of the clothing, the foods they eat, their celebrations and work. It could be titled, "What Makes Us Different, Makes Us Unique" or something similar. Then decorate the border with beads, different money, different shoes, clothing, and foods. This subject should use bright and festive colors, like a celebration of spring.
- Natural Cleaners - Use a light green or yellow for the background. We get too many chemicals in our daily lives, so we are all for anything natural that works. Promote some of the favorites around the office. Many people have old traditional cleaners that work for them that have been handed down. For instance, we know baking soda helps with odors in the fridge and you can brush your teeth with it, but it is also good for making the drains smell fresh. White vinegar is good for cleaning and good for getting any type of small insects out of your laundry (nurseries often use white vinegar to head off lice and the like). There are a lot more out there that can be researched then put on the board so the whole office can make some natural choices in their own homes. This one can be titled "Naturally Clean" or "Natural Cleaners." You could put vinegar bottles, lemons, baking soda boxes and comparable items around the border.
- Postage Stamps - Use a background to show off all the vibrant stamps. Yes, stamps! They are rich in history and go back a long way but are still in use today. Pick some favorites from the USPS website and print them out and post them to the board. Tell everyone what year it came out and the story behind them. There is such a variety: singers, cartoon characters, artists, musicians, actors, flowers, animals, causes (like breast cancer) and there are also so many neat stories connected to the stamps. You could title the board "Postage Stamps" or a "Postage Stamp History." For the border we could use boxes tied with twine and letters.
- Mind Benders - Use a simple black or white background for this April bulletin board. Next find either in book format or online some optical illusions and post copies of them on the board, giving credit to the artist and the name of the illusion (if it has one). Frame each one like a picture, either with real frames or cut-out ones. People will enjoy stretching their brain and forgetting about their work for a few minutes during break or lunch. We could label the board "Mind Benders" or something related. Next, decorate the border with eyes, shooting stars and those swirls that make people dizzy if they stare too long and anything parallel to these.
Have interchangeable sheets with pre-prepared information for use in departments throughout the company. Layers can be easily removed to show new information.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) items on paper people can be used on the board to show how safety clothing and equipment should be worn.
By illustrating protective equipment requirements in a graphic way, confusion is eliminated. The safety cards on a swatch contain vital safety information. They were used in a game in training sessions.